Senior Software Engineer, Search
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
As a result of our growing operations in the US region, we’re now seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our San Francisco team.
At Zendesk, Support Platform is the platform team that builds the backend distributed systems for Zendesk’s flagship Support product. If you think building the multiple distributed backend systems effectively is challenging, how about being part of the platform team that powers a product for over 125,000 customers? You have a real engineering challenge that requires solid technical chops and creative problem-solving!
What you get to do every day:
- You’ll be responsible for working to enhance multiple distributed backend systems that orchestrates various parts of the product.
- Write elegant beautifully simple code in Ruby and Java or Scala.
- Create out of the box solutions to help resolve scaling challenges.
- Design and develop high performance and highly available services used by millions of people every day.
- Collaborate with product managers and other key stakeholders to help influence the next generation of distributed systems.
- Be a part of a high performing Engineering team.
- Have fun!
What you bring to the role:
- Significant recent experience in a comparable role: defining and developing beautifully simple software.
- Experience with AWS, Solr, Lucene or ElasticSearch is ideal.
- Strong programming experience in Java or other object-orientated programming languages. Being a polyglot will be awesome.
- Solid understanding good design principles that work well for large scale data.
- Good troubleshooting skills to help debug and fix production issues in high availability, high scale systems.
- Ability to form creative solutions, often when working with ambiguity.
- You can talk to product people and can translate technical requirements into achievable solutions.
- You believe in frequent releases and in building software that is easy to deploy and pain-free to operate.
- A strong sense of pride in the software you build and you care about search!
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 100,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org