Director of Product Management, Support
Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds powerful, customizable software crafted to improve customer relations. Support is our flagship SaaS product offering and is trusted by over 160,000 customers – from SMB to Large Enterprises – across numerous industries as the platform for delivering their customer experience. Zendesk recently achieved a significant achievement by crossing a billion-dollar annual revenue run rate, a testament to the broad adoption of Support!
We are seeking a Director of Product to help define the vision, strategy and execution plan for several of the core feature areas of the Zendesk Support product. This person will lead a robust team of Product Managers and collaborate with multiple engineering and cross functional teams responsible to advance the Support product.
What you get to do every day:
- Collaborate with the broader Product Organization to develop a clear vision and strategy for Support including key customer requirements as well as top-down and bottoms-up priorities
- Lead a team of Product Managers, providing mentorship and career development while growing the team over time.
- Collaborate with go to market, advocacy and Voice of the Customer teams to understand client challenges and problems; obsess about making our product intuitive and our customers efficient and productive.]
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of all Zendesk product areas and how they are interconnected, help team members see these connections and the larger picture when developing their feature strategies.
- Build PMs skillsets via assigning progressively more ambitious projects and opportunities, deliver direct, honest feedback with empathy to help them improve.
- Develop and drive the implementation of Product Management processes within your org and contribute to the wider Product Management org within Zendesk.
What you bring to the role:
- Accomplished product leader at a startup or fast growing SaaS company, leading a team of PMs.
- At least 7 years of shown experience in product management within high paced, agile software-as-a-service environments, preferably in the B2B Enterprise space; including daily interactions with software developers.
- Technical aptitude to collaborate with Zendesk engineers and help set a product vision that enables engineering partners to build the technology vision. Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
- Innate passion for engaging customers in an effort to understand their business operations and how we can continually improve to meet their needs.
- Ability to set the direction and lead a large team without a lot of oversight.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and willingness to present and defend your ideas to other crucial team members, including executives and other product and engineering leaders.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.zendesk.com.