Senior Data Scientist
VTS is the modern platform for CRE revenue teams
VTS is commercial real estate’s leading leasing, marketing and asset management platform where deals happen and real-time data comes to life. The VTS Platform captures the largest first-party data source in the industry, which delivers real-time insights that fuel faster, more informed decision making and connections throughout the deal and asset lifecycle. VTS Data, the industry’s only forward-looking market dataset, and VTS Market and Marketplace, the industry’s first integrated online marketing solution, give landlords, brokers, and tenants unparalleled visibility into real-time market information and the direct connectivity to execute deals with greater speed and intelligence at every point in the planning, marketing, leasing, and asset management cycle.
More than 60% of Class A commercial space in the US and 12B square feet of commercial real estate globally is managed on the VTS platform. Our user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals including respected industry leaders like Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
We recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain’s best places to work! Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out!
How does this position help VTS succeed?
As the second data science hire for the company, you will leverage data, structured thinking and algorithms to accelerate the way landlords and tenants plan, market, lease, and manage space. Reporting to the Director of Data Science, you will help drive decision making across our product squads, and build data solutions for our commercial real estate clients.
In this role, you will:
- Define and monitor metrics, create data narratives, and build tools to identify opportunities and drive decisions
- Build and interpret algorithms and machine learning models that power VTS products
- Help design and build VTS’ next-generation data products and research reports that will leverage the power of our data sets
- Ensure our data sets are complete, unique, timely, valid, accurate, consistent, and easy to consume
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other full-stack teams to incrementally craft high-quality products for our customers
- Have organization-wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or onboarding buddy, etc.
- Participate as a data science expert in conversations with external clients
What makes you a great fit?
- You have a proven track record in driving business impact with data science and structured thinking, particularly in a scrappy, unstructured environment
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research or engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in SQL, proficient in data science programming languages such as Python & R, and familiar with analytics tools such as Looker & Tableau
- Strong communication skills, especially around explaining data science concepts to stakeholders
- Hands-on experience with medium to large datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis, and presentation)
- Nice to have
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) data products and research
- Experience in full-stack development (Ruby on Rails and React)
- More about our team
- We have a 80+ person engineering team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA, grouped in outcome-oriented “houses”
- We have business analytics and data insights squads focused on internal and external VTS data use cases respectively
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- We work with technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android, Python, and Kafka
- Learn more on our engineering blog
What VTS values & how we show it:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.