VTS is the modern platform for CRE revenue teams
VTS is the fastest-growing Proptech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used to manage over 60% of all office buildings. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings and are building the industry’s first and only online marketing software and end-to-end leasing marketplace, VTS Market. VTS Market will enable landlords to market their available spaces more effectively, and help tenant rep brokers and their tenants easily find and lease space online – a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team – we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain’s best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
About The Role:
VTS is looking for a top-tier Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. This role will support the team in critical analyses of financial activities as well as timely and accurate financial reporting and close processes. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience within a growing company (and small Finance team) and have exposure to VTS leadership.
The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization. To be qualified, you must also have a strong accounting background, including working knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (“U.S. GAAP”), SEC regulations, and internal controls.
We’re looking for a critical thinker and structured problem solver who can help our team get to the next level!
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Perform and manage all month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts, and review of month-end results against forecast
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting systems, processes, metrics, and reporting
- Stay in tune with and assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
Manage others, including staff accountant(s) and help grow the finance function as the company scales
- Support finance management in design, testing and roll-out of financial systems/tools/processes
- Preparation of financial statements to ensure transactions and consolidations are properly reflected and in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Compare actual financial performance against operational budget and provide meaningful explanations of fluctuations / discrepancies
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Updates payroll records by reconciling changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation, a plus
- 4+ years of prior full-cycle accounting experience and/or public accounting focused on Software as a service (SaaS) (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SFAS, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Analytical, ability to research issues, provide solutions as well as a recommended course of action
- Self-starter able to manage a significant workload and balance competing high priority tasks in a startup environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at building relationships across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Dedication to continual improvement; strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive) is a necessity
- Strong excel skills mixed with the ability to find more efficient ways to improve current processes
- Experience with with key financial systems – general ledger, expense management, cap table management, subscription software, CRM SaaS packages (i.e.NetSuite, SalesForce, Expensify, Carta, Zuora etc)
- Familiar with ADP non-PEO systems
- Familiar with salary vs commission / bonus tax liabilities; benefits reconciliations; state and local tax updates
- Preferable but not required – experience with Netsuite and/or Salesforce
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.