Seasonal Helpdesk Technician
Website Uncommon Goods
Uncommon Goods offers remarkable designs by independent makers, and we do it with a positive impact on people and our planet. Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, Better to Give program, and amazing team members you might be working with.
We work hard and love to build great technology. The technology team is always working with the newest technologies and each team member is encouraged to spend time on research and development weekly, as well as take multiple training opportunities each year. We frequently host fun events for team-bonding including ping-pong, Nerf wars, video games, and basketball.
We are looking for a motivated, smart, and trustworthy Seasonal Help Desk Technician looking to gain experience in IT to join our fun, diverse, and laid-back environment. As a Help Desk Engineer, you will work closely with the Sys team to provide support to all Uncommon Goods departments daily. You thrive when given the freedom and flexibility to learn and improve your tech skills and are looking to further advance your career as you work on the Uncommon Goods infrastructure.
We are looking for someone who’s passionate about technology and thrives when working independently as well as with others. You enjoy the freedom of a self-directed position, while working with mentors who encourage and promote growth. You are reliable and able to assist in off-hours emergencies and possess strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
This is a seasonal position expected to last through December 2020.
- Assist with Tier 1 issues including Active Directory, MS Exchange and Office 365
- Manage user accounts in Active Directory
- Provide support for both Mac and PC workstations including upgrading and imaging machines
- Manage printers and peripherals and configure with Windows and Linux (CUPS)
- Oversee and maintain the overall company network, workstations, printers, phones, and laptops
- Manage and resolve service tickets on Jira Service Desk
- Document and maintain Standard Operate Procedures in wiki
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 1-2 years in an IT-related field
- Knowledge of working in a multiplatform (Windows/Mac/Linux) environment
- Familiarity with basic networking protocols
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Must be able to work onsite at our Brooklyn office location and have availability for morning/afternoon and weekend shifts
- Casual work atmosphere, company snacks, lunches, and team events
- 40% discount on our products
To apply, please submit the following,
- Cover letter
Uncommon Goods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.