Website Uncommon Goods
Uncommon Goods offers remarkable designs by independent makers, and we do it with a positive impact on people and our planet. Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, Better to Give program, and amazing team members you might be working with.
We work hard and love to build great technology. The technology team is always working with the newest technologies and each team member is encouraged to spend time on research and development weekly, as well as take multiple training opportunities each year. We frequently host fun events for team-bonding including ping-pong, Nerf wars, video games, and basketball.
We are looking for a motivated, smart, and dependable Systems Administrator with an interest in networking to join our fun, diverse, and laid-back environment. As a Systems Administrator, you will maintain and support all servers and networks for all Uncommon Goods departments daily. You thrive when given freedom and flexibility to learn and improve your tech skills and as you upgrade the Uncommon Goods infrastructure and further advance your career.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about technology and thrives when working independently and as well as with others. You enjoy the freedom of a self-directed position, while working with mentors who encourage and promote growth. You are reliable and able to assist in off-hours emergencies and embody strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Manage Cisco networking infrastructure while continuously learning and implementing improvements
- Support Windows, Linux and Mac OS and servers
- Administer and manage Office 365 suite
- Work with virtualization solutions such as VMware
- Maintain network security and policies (Antivirus, GPO, Proxies)
- Perform and maintain system backups
- Manage printers and peripherals and configure with Windows and Linux (CUPS)
- Oversee and maintain the overall company network, workstations, printers, phones, and laptops
- Manage and resolve service tickets on Jira Service Desk
- Document and maintain Standard Operating Procedures in wiki
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or professional experience equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in technical role
- Strong networking knowledge and experience, including wireless, routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP and VLANs preferred
- Knowledge in Office 365 suite
- Experience working in a multiplatform (Windows/Linux/Mac) environment
- Experience working on Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, GPOs, NTFS permissions, DNS, OS security, and systems patching
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Familiarity with vendor management
- Working knowledge of the following languages a plus (Python, VBscript, or PowerShell)
- Must be able to work onsite at our Brooklyn office location
- Robust benefits package with generous PTO, 401(k) with company match, and paid family leave
- Stock options
- Casual work atmosphere, company snacks, lunches, and team events
- 40% discount on our products
To apply, please submit the following,
- Cover letter
Uncommon Goods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.