Website Spring Health
Removing the barriers to accessing mental healthcare
Our mission: helping individuals and organizations thrive by eliminating every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a mental health company founded in 2016 with a mission of using leading technology to help people feel better — faster. We help large employers better manage the mental health burden in their companies. Our peer-reviewed and published clinical technology allows us to deliver care better, faster, and cheaper.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team. You will help to define our product and engineering roadmaps and work as a part of a cross-functional product team to find elegant solutions to mental healthcare’s many problems. Additionally, you will guide the growth of the engineering team as a senior member and leader. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Rethink, RRE, and General Catalyst.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and expand the capabilities of our GraphQL API (built with Ruby on Rails) which powers several web apps and a mobile app, all of which are used to to screen, diagnose, and provide care for patients
- Build on the foundation of a well tested codebase to ensure it remains robust and scalable as our business rapidly grows
- Help us make decisions like “grow the monolith” or “break things up into microservices” (or some other great idea!)
- Plan for the future by architecting systems that will scale as usage and capabilities increase
Work as part of the engineering leadership team to build a great engineering culture
- Occasionally improve our other services which are written in PHP and Go (knowledge of those is nice to have but not required!)
- 5+ years of back-end web development experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Docker & AWS is a nice to have
- Bonus points for GraphQL API design experience
- Comfortable working on an agile team and curious about learning new things
- Enjoy using test driven development and pair programming
- Enjoy coaching & growing engineers
- Comfortable moving fast and working through ambiguity – we are a small startup and are working on balancing the demands of business growth and platform reliability
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health
- Competitive compensation plan including equity in the company: we want you to own a piece of what you’re building.
- Comprehensive benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to Spring Health!
- Flexible vacation plan: our open vacation-policy allows you to take the time off you need when you need it.
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team.
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.