Website Somewhere Good
ABOUT SOMEWHERE GOOD:
Somewhere Good is a social platform designed for people of color to connect around the things they love. We’re building a world where every person of color feels reflected, empowered, and connected to their community. Somewhere Good will become a one-stop-shop to find community and more, centering marginalized communities.
We’re an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion and we’re proud to have a team that varies in identity and comes from all walks of life. Our work environment values our employees creatively and professionally, and believes in making our company’s big dreams a reality in a fun and balanced workspace.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Somewhere Good is seeking a Backend Engineer to build the Somewhere Good app alongside an iOS Engineer and the CTO.
- Work alongside client-side teams to iterate on and implement app features.
- Develop Somewhere Good APIs and integrate third-party APIs.
- Work alongside other engineers to set up and maintain CI/CD workflows.
- Design, implement, and update databases.
- Compensation: $100,000 + benefits + equity and other perks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Cloudfront, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda or other similar cloud computing platforms.
- Experience with designing, developing, and maintaining NoSQL and relational databases.
- Experience with with RDBMS systems such as Postgres or MySQL.
- Experience or willingness to work on DevOps-related tasks.
LANGUAGES AND TECHNOLOGIES USED AT SOMEWHERE GOOD:
- AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, S3, Code Pipeline, RDS)
- Ant Media Server
- React, Redux
The interview process consists of five parts designed to better understand each applicant’s depth of experience and goals.
- 30 minute conversation with Christian Becerra, our Head of Operations
- 60 minute tech assessment with Alejandro Luperon, our CTO (paid)
- 30 minute conversation with another member of the team
- 60 minute pair programming assessment with Alejandro Luperon (paid)
- 30 minute conversation with Naj Austin, our Chief Executive Officer
The entire process is expected to last around 1 week.