Associate I- Start Up Banking
Silicon Valley Bank
SVB Startup Banking – Portfolio Management – Associate
For over 35 years, SVB has helped innovators and their investors move bold ideas forward fast. Today, we provide a range of banking services to companies of all sizes in innovation centers around the world.
SVB Startup Banking is focused on building deep and authentic relationships with early stage founders, investors, and ecosystem partners to improve the probability of success of early stage (pre-series A) technology companies. The pre-series A segment includes startups clients, prospects and partners. Additionally, constituencies include accelerators/incubators, law firms, academic institutions and universities, industry groups, industry events, not-for-profits, and early stage investors (emerging managers).
The Associate I role is responsible for assisting with the management of an assigned client portfolio supporting the VPs, Directors and Managing Director.
• Analyze and manage internal (e.g. CRM) and external data sources (e.g. Pitchbook) to identify top clients and prospects, predict fundraising needs, and extract industry trends.
• Facilitate new client onboarding
• Perform sales calls and in-person prospect meetings
• Screen inbound prospects by evaluating quality and fit, lead sales discussions, and articulate SVB’s value proposition to convert qualified prospects into new business opportunities
• Help manage client engagement and outreach
• Monitor and track portfolio health related to compliance and credit risk
• Assist with credit approval request (CAR) write-up
• Increase customer satisfaction (NPS) across portfolio
• As a trusted adviser you will be asked to build strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders.
• Identify potential cross-sell opportunities (including credit, cash management, trade finance, foreign exchange, global treasury, private bank…etc)
• Assist with building programming, events, and content to meet in-market goals and support client base
You will gain a deep understanding of SVB’s platform, products & services to best execute on deriving value to our clients.
Candidate should take an interest in the innovation / tech community and understands market dynamics, trends and investor relationships. • Strong relationship management skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work in a team environment, but comfortable working independently
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of banking products and operations, along with technology sector (Fintech, Consumer, Enterprise, Hardware) experience is a bonus
To apply for this job please visit svbank.taleo.net.