UX Manager, Automation (Shopify Plus)
Shopify is on a mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are complex and impactful. Ecobee, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, Budweiser, and Leesa are all merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
Today’s merchants need to move with agility, even as the scale of their business (and its tech stack) grows. That’s why our Shopify Flow team has built a visual programming platform that empowers Shopify Plus merchants to integrate and orchestrate their tools.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Manager to guide Shopify Flow, together with your Product and Engineering counterparts, through its next phase of growth–from tool to platform, from team to teams. Somebody capable of building opinions by defining goals, direction and strategy, but also comfortable getting into the weeds and working directly with their team. At Shopify, leaders sketch too. They thrive on change and operate on trust, leveraging the diverse perspectives of the people on their team in everything they do. We’re fascinated by how you think, how you break down problems, and how you come up with solutions. We look for those who question, who are never satisfied, and always seek to do better and make better.
- Establishing the user experience vision for a cross-functional product team and leading your UX team to achieve it iteratively by working with your peers in product management, engineering, and data science.
- Developing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today, while setting the vision for tomorrow.
- Developing a baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, research, design, and user experience development) and deep expertise in your product’s problem area.
- Working with the Product Manager and Engineering Lead to balance technical, business, and merchant requirements.
- Growing and mentoring your team of direct reports including product designers and content strategists, with a dotted line reporting to UX Researchers. You’ll help them work towards their career goals and build the next generation of UX leadership at Shopify.
- Planning and recruiting for the long term to build a fully-functioning multidisciplinary UX team.
- Working with your peer UX Managers as well as senior UX leadership to contribute to the growth of the UX organization’s team and processes.
Requirements for the role :
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- Led the UX or product design direction of a complex feature or product with multiple user jobs — we’re building visual programming tools, and you’ll need to talk logical operators and data types as readily as you do story maps and brand guidelines.
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes across design, content strategy, and research while working with cross-functional teams including development, and product management.
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn as much as possible about how they use Shopify on every platform.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
This posting will close at 9am EDT on Monday, September 21st, 2020.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.orgB5DLatinas20in20Tech