Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we’re supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum’s clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As a Product Designer, you’ll be expanding the Product Design function at Quorum. You’ll be responsible for owning and completing epics in an Agile Development environment, updating the Design System storefront with new components from the Epic work, and maintaining and optimizing the Design System for stakeholders to use. As needed, you’ll also help facilitate user research through various methods. This role reports directly to Quorum’s Product Design Lead.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn about Quorum’s many products, users, and the public affairs world. You’ll start learning about the Development Team’s processes and the Design Function’s processes.
- First Month: You’ll begin maintaining the Design System and the Storefront. You’ll slowly take over more and more ownership of epic design work.
- First 6 months: You’ll own several epics involving Design with the Design Process. This means planning, researching, prototyping, creating wireframes, creating mock-ups, handing off to developers, and QA’ing and testing the builds, as well as final development support as needed to launch a feature. You’ll help complete the Design System storefront and add new components to it.
- First Year: You’ll be part of the Design Function owning 100% of the Epic design work. You’ll have helped create a clear and established process with the highest of standards of adding and maintaining new components for the Design System.
- You have full-time professional experience working in digital product design (e.g., UX/UI Designer, Product Designer) at a software company or design agency where software product design is a core function
- You have a strong, up-to-date online professional portfolio showcasing at least three (3) case studies explaining why and how you have solved product design challenges
- You have at least one year of experience using Sketch professionally and are excited to continue to build out your knowledge
- You’ll stand out if you have working knowledge of how to implement your designs in CSS and HTML—and you mention that in a cover letter or resume
- You’re an especially strong candidate if you have experience updating or using a Design System for Product Development
- You’re even more impressive if you have experience executing and gathering good user research data using popular methods
- You’ll also standout if you have strong visual or interaction UI design as demonstrated in your portfolio
- You have experience working in an Agile Development framework and environment is even better to make your resume shine
- You are dedicated to finding out what users are struggling with and how to solve those issues to deliver the best possible user experience
- And, of course, you take pride in designing beautiful and functional products
About the Product Team
- We’re a fast-growing team that is dedicated to improving our people, processes, and platform and putting our users first
- The product team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product works to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs
- We’re very close as a team and invest not only in each others’ skills and careers but also in building real relationships with one another: product development is a team sport and we believe that it’s better (and more fun) to work on a team of people that you know well and care about
Our Work Environment
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least January 31, 2020. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to learn what it’s like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We’d love to talk to you!
- Base Salary: $73,000 – $90,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive healthcare, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.