Business Development Associate
Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we’re supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum’s clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum products and begin to familiarize yourself on common use cases. You’ll receive training on sales skills that will set you up for success
- First Month: You’ll learn how to conduct research on how to identify and contact prospective clients. You will leverage communication tools to design and execute lead generation campaigns via cold-calls, e-mail, and social media. You will schedule sales meetings with high-level decision-makers in the public affairs industry
- First Six Months: You will think creatively to develop strategies around outreach and generating interest in Quorum from many potential clients. You’ll receive training and professional development to help you build career currency and elevate your skills.
- First Year: You will own execution on company-wide objectives that will build Quorum as a leader in the industry. You will become an expert on Quorum’s products, the public affairs and government relations industry, and the competitive landscape
- You have a keen ability to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with prospective clients and members of the Quorum team
- You are interested in and excited by the prospect of learning about B2B sales
- You want to make a big impact on the growth strategy of a startup
- You are an active listener with boundless curiosity and are eager to learn
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a problem-solver, have a keen ability to prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively
- You have exposure to the legislative process or in politics and advocacy more broadly; whether it be working on a campaign, on the hill, or in legislative advocacy
- You’re a highly-motivated self-starter who is results-driven and wants to make valuable contributions to a growing team
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can form real friendships with other professionals and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
About the Business Development Team
- We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal growth
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team member’s careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and particularly fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success
Our Work Environment
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open-concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least January 31, 2020. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to learn what it’s like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We’d love to talk to you!
Business Development Career Growth Pathway
All Business Development Associates are enrolled in an approximately two-year training program to move from through four (4) career levels from Business Development Associate to a Senior Business Development Representative as outlined below. The training program helps team members to learn foundational business and sales skills. Team members who successfully pass periodic sign-offs and complete the program are well equipped to transition into full-time sales roles as Account Executives or transfer onto other teams (e.g., Customer Success).
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Business Development Representative role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.