Technical Lead Engineer – Application
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S.
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up and the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other and celebrating our wins together. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers and business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
As a Tech Lead at OnDeck, you will:
- Help design innovative and flexible full-stack solutions to enable efficient customer acquisition and product origination.
- Closely collaborate with technology and product leadership, QA, DevOps and other teams to orchestrate medium to large scale development efforts.
- Remain hands-on, contributing to multiple code bases, while also guiding the team.
- Get to know and work with all facets of OnDeck business operation.
- Promote culture of learning, collaboration and continuous improvement.
Qualifications for success:
- A desire to both lead and manage engineers on an everyday basis
- Hands-on building full-stack web solutions and designing flexible services and APIs.
- Significant (6+ years) experience developing software systems with Java or another JVM based language
- Strong software system design (design patterns) fundamentals.
- A “Craftsman” mindset toward building software and a drive to continuously care for and improve existing code bases.
- Comfort within an Agile development environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Here at OnDeck we rely heavily on our tech leads to:
- Care deeply about making a business impact
- Focus on quality, security and flexibility of solutions
- Innovate and promote learning
- Help their team thrive
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.