Senior Director, Consumer Experience Engineering
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As the Senior Director of Consumer Experience Engineering, you will be responsible for the engineering roadmap and delivery of platform/products related to catalog, discover(search/browse) experience & services technology team, supporting our direct business globally.
In this role we are looking for a technology leader with a keen eye for business and experience in running engineering teams to bring this organization into the future of best in class customer experiences across consumer products, globally. You will lead a multi-squad team of engineering leadership, engineers and technical product managers and partner with product peers and business leaders to craft the experience of the future. You will guide a large team within a complex, matrixed environment continually improving upon its ability to deliver fast, optimally, at global scale, with security, and to the delight of our consumers. Additionally, you’ll be tasked with building and growing strong teams through the principles of servant leadership.
What we’re looking for:
– 10+ years leading diverse engineering teams, management of multiple managers and teams
– Mentor, instruct, and lead the engineers and product managers within your org
– 5+ years of E-Commerce experience
– 3+ years of experience building on-site search platforms
– Familiarity of integrating with AI/ML solutions to personalize experiences
– Extensive experience with the latest front-end and back-end technologies
– Experience in SEO best practices
– Experience with modern front-end design (MVC architecture, Analytics, A/B testing, CDNs)
– Experience in caching & in-memory data grid solutions
– Experience in building product or customer MDM’s
– Proven understanding of RESTful APIs and writing applications that consume them
– Experience leading engineering teams with deploying, configuring, and operating cloud-based applications (AWS, etc.)
– DevOps (CICD) and SRE experience
– Experience with the phases of standard software development lifecycles (Agile/Scrum)
– Ability to operate in a fast-paced, sophisticated, high visibility environment with multiple, competing priorities
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Build phenomenal teams and empower them to do their best work by being advised by strategy and goals
– Ability to express software designs both verbally and diagrammatically
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nike.com.