Senior Software Engineer
Our mission at Netflix is to entertain the world. We do so by producing content in innovative new formats, supporting creators who otherwise wouldn’t have a voice, and telling stories that otherwise wouldn’t be told. We are also uniquely positioned to utilize our extensive engineering expertise to reinvent the production process with a goal of improving creative outcomes, increasing efficiency, and making the process of creating with Netflix a competitive differentiator. So how exactly does technology help with this?
About our team
The content acquisition process begins with a submission for a show or movie, which is reviewed by teams tasked with evaluating submissions. Our tools enable them to merge data science with human intuition, enabling ever more informed decisions. When a show is approved, we guide our users through the complex world of negotiations to secure the rights to produce and distribute this new content. As we get closer to production, we provide our users the ability to discover and assemble the right people and vendors to actually produce the show, ranging from acting talent and directors to facility rentals and VFX.
If you’re an experienced Software Engineer who loves building backend systems, is interested in utilizing technology to revolutionize entertainment, and wants an opportunity to collaborate with and learn from folks throughout Netflix, we’d love to meet you.
You may enjoy working with us if you:
- Are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance. You also recognize when you’re wrong, learning from your mistakes and moving past them.
- Love brainstorming with fellow backend and UI engineers, product designers, product managers, and our users, to understand what they want, figure out what they really need, and finally, what we should build.
- Strive to embrace best practices and are always searching for opportunities to continually improve.
We would love to work with you if:
- You are an expert Java programmer who is up to date with the evolution of Java and its ecosystem of frameworks and build tools.
- Excel in developing microservice-based distributed systems with high availability, throughput, fault tolerance, and performance.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.