Build & Tools Engineer
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
This position is full-time and can be located in Cambridge, MA, New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Reporting directly to the Build Operations Manager, the Build & Tools Engineer will be an essential member of the engineering team. Passion for problem-solving, automation and service-oriented mindset are crucial for success.
iZotope is seeking a highly motivated Build and Tools Engineer to improve, maintain and automate our build and release infrastructure and continuous integration system. Reporting to the Build Operations Manager, you will work closely with an incredible engineering team working to deliver exciting cutting edge audio products. You will also build and maintain tooling for product installer processes as well as providing critical support to our engineering and quality assurance teams. You should have demonstrable experience working with configuration management systems. Candidates should be capable of integrating 3rd party tools as well as implementing custom functionality into the build/release process to support the needs of iZotope Engineering and Quality Assurance. DevOps at iZotope involves working with code signing tools (OSX codesign, Verisign), authorization tools (PACE), audio software and audio plugins, all in an agile development environment.
- Develop and maintain automated continuous development / continuous delivery systems
- Improve and maintain product installer processes
- Build and maintain custom tools to streamline product development and release processes
- Work with engineering, quality assurance, and IT/Operations teams to provide build/release support for multiple product releases for a variety of platforms including desktop, mobile, embedded and cloudImplement tools for metrics gathering and status reporting
- Troubleshoot build, test, packaging and installation issues
- Stay current on industry trends in build and release management
- 2+ years experience working in a production environment
- A passion for DevOps, build and release, and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch-oriented workflows
- Experience in Python or similar scripting language
- Demonstrable experience with software development environments, build utilities, DevOps tools
- Experience with software version control systems (e.g. GIT) and bug trackers (e.g. Jira)
- Exposure to tools such as AWS technologies, Ansible, Visual Studio, Xcode, Make, Docker, VMWare, Rake is a plus
- Passionate about DevOps, build and release, and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch-oriented workflows
- Knowledgeable of 3rd party build systems (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Comprehensive medical plans in which iZotope pays the majority of the out of pocket costs
- Flexible PTO Policy and 19 paid holidays in 2021
- 100% paid family leave
- 401k with company match of 6% with both pre-tax and post-tax contribution options
- Additional perks and benefits
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization, the audio industry, and society as a whole.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.