Software Engineer II
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation’s defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation’s defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and codes complicated software used to control instrumentation, perform data analysis and report generation
- Generates software documentation and performs verification and validation testing of software to assure all requirement are being supported
- Conforms to established systems, development life cycle, computing standards, and guidelines.
- Analyzes existing information systems and applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Assesses needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) provides advice on options, risks and cost vs. benefits
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components
- May assist in defining development guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development /integration including developing custom integration solutions with major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features
- Interacts with internal and external organizations
- Based on research, applies, develops and recommends innovative methodologies and technologies which are equal to the industry’s state of the art to resolve processing and design problems.
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams.
- Manages priorities of projects and requests.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
You Must Have:
- 2+ Years Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other ABET accredited Engineering program or BS Physics
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Dept of Energy “”Q”” level security clearance.
- Scripting Languages – Java Script, Python, Others
- IDE Tools – Visual Studio, Eclipse, Others
- Relational Database – Queries, Table Creation
- Knowledge of Data Structures
- Ability in analytical skills, mathematical computations, computer software applications, written documentation and the ability to apply those skills to engineering projects.
- Effective communication skills for interacting at all levels of the business, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Applied knowledge of standard office and engineering desktop systems and applications.
- Interest in applied engineering career in a technology or manufacturing business.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.