Senior Product Owner, Big Data Technology Platform
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
Honeywell is charging into the Industrial IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading industrial disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions. Moving at the speed of software, we are creating, innovating and delivering solutions fast, challenging the way things have always been done, piloting new ways for all of us to work, and expecting our successes to set new standards for our customers and for Honeywell. Data and analytics are an integral part of our offerings that we take to our customers. This position is a part of the analytics team that is defining and driving our solutions in enterprise analytics domain.
As a product manager for enterprise analytics, you will play a lead role in building a big data technology-based product for creating new capabilities in our customer’s business operations by leveraging IT and other related data. The solutions developed will use machine learning based analytics and associated technologies to create an analytical data lake solution for our customers which will be the basis for our customers to drive various applications. These applications will transform how our customers drive digital transformation. Our customers in the industrial domain have varying levels of maturity of using data and advanced analytics due to various systems of engagement, it creates a unique opportunity and some unsolved challenges that we propose to address through this product. This solution will be integral component for all businesses that would like to capitalize on their enterprise data and build a data- and model-driven, decision making culture.
· Shape, own and implement the vision for the product. This will align with the broader set of solutions that HCE is developing and will enable digital transformation and unlock new customer value. This will also include gathering customer and partner input, defining the product roadmap, feature definition, prioritization, and influence build-buy-partner decisions.
· Build and implement roadmap for the product that creates sustainable business value in line with technological advancements in this domain. You will regularly work with Customers, Partners, Sales, Solutions Architects and a team of talented colleagues to assess and translate opportunities to scalable, enterprise integration solutions.
· Evangelize, communicate the value proposition, capabilities and differentiations to customers, stakeholders, sales and marketing organizations
· Product readiness to support pre-sales activities (customer trials, proof-of-concept) to ensure consistent and successful use of the product across our customer base
· Collaborate and influence teams including engineering, data science, customer engagement, legal, sales, marketing and other product managers to ensure successful launch
· Present your ideas and proposals to senior leaders, sales and cross-functional teams, while also exercising your technical expertise to articulate detailed functional requirements that feed into an Agile delivery organization to produce scalable enterprise software
Your deliverables will include:
· Detailed product definitions backed by clearly traceable use cases and customer requirements
· Prioritization based on customer value, revenue opportunity, strategic relevance and cost of implementation, etc.
· Robust technical and functional roadmaps that deliver measurable value to customers and Honeywell
· Support offering management for product by various customer segments
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in STEM
· 5+ years of hands-on experience to lead development of a software product with a strong technical background in the big data technology
· 2+ years’ experience in developing and launching an enterprise software product with data and analytics as a central part of solution
· 2+ years customer facing experience within big data technology platform
· Deep understanding of data modelling and experience with data engineering tools and platforms such as Spark, Hadoop and Kafka
· Experience of data architecture for big data in a cloud, distributed storage and computing environment, semantic and graph technologies
· Experience working with advanced analytics teams that use machine learning and deep learning techniques to solve problems
· Strong experience in a related role in another enterprise software company
· Technical product management and/or business product management experience in developing and deploying enterprise scale solutions
· Experience with industrial and familiar with business processes and data and analytics related challenges
· Experience in product management and agile methodology
· Working knowledge of IaaS, SaaS, PaaS and cloud computing
· Ability to quickly identify patterns among problems & issues
· Ability to make timely decisions balancing systematic analysis
· Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues
· Result-driven project-management skills for planning and execution
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with senior leadership
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.