Tech-enabled custom home builder.
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in Sonoma and Ventura Counties, and with backing from Thrive Capital, Khosla Ventures and Google Ventures, we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
Our belief is that great engineering teams are built around great engineering cultures. But culture isn’t a bunch of values written down on a slide rather it is a reflection of the collective individual behaviors that happen everyday across the team. In other words, culture is a lagging indicator on what is valued, what we hold each other accountable for, what is celebrated, what is incentivized, and what is rejected.
Ultimately, our job as engineering managers is to help our teams navigate all of these behaviors to help create and nurture the engineering culture that drives our business forward. Concurrently, our job is to make the growth trajectory of our engineers as steep as possible. Solving both of these well is a hard problem but one that creates a great outcome for both the company and the engineers (while proving to be super rewarding for us managers).
If you are passionate about the challenge of nurturing a great engineering culture, helping engineers grow, and building world-class engineering teams then we’d love to hear from you.
- Initially, we expect all managers to operate as a “player/coach”.
- You’ll need to learn our code, systems, processes, and operations by functioning as an individual contributor on some tasks so that you can help other folks excel.
- Nurture, support, challenge, and improve upon Homebound’s technology culture.
- Steepen the growth trajectory of each and every engineer.
- Dive into Homebound’s business operations.
- Partner with all parts of Homebound from engineering to purchasing, from construction to customer experience.
- Understand key needs and opportunities and then propose solutions and systems to effect change.
- Write detailed design documents and integrate feedback into said documents; Likewise provide feedback for others.
- Write high-quality code and integrate code-review feedback into said code.
- Deploy systems that are resilient, robust, and monitored (“Cattle not Pets”).
- Recruit, hire, and onboard additional people of quality.
What You Have Done In Your Career:
- Excellence in a zero-to-one situation.
- Integrity around core values and beliefs.
- Experienced the strong psychological safety of a high output team.
- Built high-quality teams and systems.
- 2+ years managing 4+ direct reports.
- 8+ years writing software as an individual contributor.
Who You Are:
- Good-natured, humble, and generally positive person.
- Growth-mindset with a healthy dose of skepticism.
- Strong written and verbal communicator who errs on the side of over-communication.
- Strong sense of responsibility with a bias towards action.
- Comfortable self-directing and prioritizing your own work.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.