Head of Software Engineering (Financial Services Platform)
Brokerage House// Wealth and Asset Management// Fintech
GBM is looking for a Head of Software Engineering (Financial Services Platform) to lead the engineering efforts for the platform level systems that support all of financial services related functionalities including bank transfer (SPEI and SWIFT), treasury, and payments. Main responsibilities include mentor engineers on software engineering best practices, enforce adoption of internal standards, promote a collaborative and positive culture, help architect new features, assist in the design and implementation of applications (some web but mostly APIs), and improve the performance and reliability of our platform services as we rapidly scale our products and organization.
In a typical week, the Head of Software Engineering (Financial Services Platform) will oversee around 3 to 4 autonomous development teams, working closely with tech leads and product owners to ensure optimal technical execution and delivery of roadmaps. In addition, the Head of Software Engineering (Financial Services Platform) will collaborate with peers to write or review technical proposals and contribute to specific solutions by writing code and assisting our support and operations team in triaging and resolving issues.
This position is based in Mexico City, reports directly to the CTO, and is a key element to our mission of building the best software engineering team in Mexico.
· You’ve been building modern enterprise level APIs professionally for 7+ years.
· You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages — e.g., C/C++, C#, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, or Java.
· You have cloud architecture experience (preferably AWS) and can architect cloud native solutions that are secure and scalable.
· You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
· You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
· You have experience leading and mentoring software engineers.
· You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, product, and other engineers is no problem for you.
· You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
· You have experience working in a fast-paced environment following agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban.
· You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
· You have experience with financial transactional systems such as payment gateways, consumer banking, investment banking, ledgers, or crypto currency.
· You have proven experience leading high availability, resilient, and low latency transactional APIs.
· You understand the financial industry and its main concepts.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.