Technical Program Manager, Interfaces & Growth
To improve lives by improving communication
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our Interfaces and Growth group, whose work directly impacts millions of users. This group is made up of curious life-long learners who get excited about solving novel technical challenges at scale. The task of the Interfaces team is to create seamless, thoughtful ways for users to directly access Grammarly’s sophisticated AI system at any time—whether it be on the web or on their mobile devices. The Growth team is responsible for improving various business metrics like upgrade rates, retention, and lifetime value across our broad product suite. As the company grows, the amount of large cross-functional projects grows with it, demanding a dedicated role to oversee this new collaboration and coordination.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive huge impact at a growing company. Grammarly is uniquely positioned to continue defining the digital writing assistant category, but this comes with significant challenges. Our teams build lightweight, intuitive user experiences atop an increasingly powerful AI backend. Finding the right balance and driving growth metrics while maintaining consistency across a rapidly growing team demands high-level thought leadership and smooth processes.
In this role, you will:
- Work through ambiguity while leading large, cross-functional software engineering projects at Grammarly.
- Identify opportunities, requirements, and risks; define milestones and success criteria; and manage schedules.
- Effectively communicate the above, both to the team and to leadership.
- Develop and maintain scalable processes and assist with resource allocation.
- Ensure priorities are aligned across all relevant teams and take steps to remove roadblocks to this alignment.
- Take a holistic view across the greater Interface and Growth Engineering group, identifying points to improve collaboration/reuse and reduce redundancy.
- Exercise technical judgment in evaluating projects and their potential solutions.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has at least 5 years of professional work experience with customer-facing products.
- Is driven to proactively identify issues, risks, and opportunities.
- Applies their technical expertise to care about the details without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Communicates effectively with their peers, executives, and independent contributors.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com