Sr. Fullstack Software Engineer
High Volume Hiring Platform for Hourly Workers
Fountain is the high-volume hiring platform empowering the world’s leading brands to streamline and scale their recruiting function. Our mobile-first platform keeps candidates engaged and reduces drop-off via built-in automated scheduling, text and email reminders. Candidates can apply anytime, anywhere in minutes, right from their phone. It enables on-the-go hiring managers to move quality talent through the pipeline, reducing time to fill. Fountain provides local, regional, and company level analytics to make data-driven decisions. Our drag-and-drop workflow allows for quick changes to accommodate fluctuations in hiring needs. Fountain’s global customers hire over 1.2 million workers annually in 78 countries.
Founded in 2014, we are a young company backed by top investors, including Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, Crosslink, Origin Ventures, and many others. We have raised over $33 million in funding, and with over 55 employees, we are excited to grow our team and find others who are looking to make a dent!
What you will do:
- Work effectively with the Fountain Product & Engineering Team to build new high quality Fountain features and improve upon existing ones
- Become familiar with the existing Fountain tech stack (React.js & Ruby on Rails)
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building new features
- Identify and uphold software engineering best practices
- Work in a supportive team environment with shared code, code reviews, and disciplined quality control; quality begins with the developers on the team
What you should bring:
- 4+ years of industry experience, ideally working with React and Ruby on Rails but Python and server-side JS experience is welcome
- Solid understanding of Agile development practices and Lean Software Development principles.
- You should be very efficient at understanding different use cases, prioritizing tasks, working with Git and implementing the GitHub flow. We ship new releases every day
- Not afraid of taking risks, and vested in making our business a success, together
Nice to Have:
- Open source contributions (please send a link to your GitHub profile)
- Good knowledge of object-oriented patterns in Ruby — we think it is crucial to apply proper object-oriented principles to grow the application
- You are proficient enough to optimize relational databases (PostgreSQL 9.4+), using noSQL databases (we use Redis and ElasticSearch), and scale the application (we use Heroku). Good ElasticSearch knowledge and experience with maintaining performant PostgreSQL databases is a huge plus
Amazing Perks & Benefits we provide for our employees include (but are not limited to):
- Flexible PTO & Work Hours
- “Work from Anywhere” Policy
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- HSA & FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life Insurance & STD/LTD
- 10 Weeks Paid Parental Leave for Birth/Adoption
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Phone Stipend
- Remote IT/Home Office Stipend
- Learning and Development Reimbursements
- Fun, interactive and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
- 401K Plan
Even if you do not meet all the requirements above, we still encourage you to apply for this position. While we try to be thorough with our prerequisites, not everything about you as a candidate can be condensed into a list of bullet points. What do you have to lose?
We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
*Fountain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V*
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.