Contract WordPress Developer
Website Forum One
Extend Your Influence
Forum One is looking for a long-term 1099 contract WordPress Developer to help support our portfolio of nonprofit & government organizations!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate in the development of websites and web-based applications using an Agile software development methodology.
- Implement and advocate for the use of standards-based and semantic HTML and CSS to solve design problems.
- Write custom theme files and plugins for WordPress.
- Assess existing sites/systems for code quality and interactive appeal.
- Evangelize for best practices for open source development.
- Participate in requirements gathering and solutions architecture for individual site features.
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of WordPress development experience including writing custom themes and plugins for WordPress
- Significant experience working on a LAMP (Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, and PHP) stack
- Comfortable writing object-oriented code with PHP
- Familiarity with version control with Git
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Participation in open source projects
What would be nice to have:
- Experience working in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience with other open-source CMS applications (Drupal)
- Experience with DevOps applications and CI/CD tools
- Experience collaborating with others and working in small teams
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work – our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners – we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners – we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers – we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done – we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
- We do the right thing – we make decisions for Forum One and our clients with the highest integrity, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.