Investment Insights and Operations Lead
Website First Round Capital
First Round is a venture capital firm that’s laser-focused on helping companies at the absolute earliest stages increase their odds of breaking out. We roll up our sleeves every day to help incredible founders build their companies from day zero.
We’re looking to add an Investment Insights and Operations Lead. The core mission of the role is to help us improve the way we operate, make decisions and invest.
- Leading and operationalizing data projects to help improve how we make investment decisions
- Designing and running internal dashboards to drive our end-to-end investing process
- Driving analysis to help us uncover new pockets of talent to back
- Supporting our Annual Meeting and other shareholder touch points
- Creating systems to manage our network of investment referral sources
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for. This is a unique opportunity in which individuals from many backgrounds could excel. Here are just a few examples of profiles we think could be great:
- A former consultant who biases towards action.
- An aspiring entrepreneur who is quantitatively rigorous and wants a rare window into the VC and fundraising side of the business.
- A project manager or operations guru with startup experience who thrives on keeping the trains running on time with little oversight.
We believe the strength of our team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. You might be a good fit if the following describes you:
- You love playing with numbers. You get excited about diving into data to learn how to improve a product or business.
- You thrive in autonomous environments. You like to understand the goal, but then can figure out the path to make it happen.
- You’re fascinated by technology and how today’s entrepreneurs are shaping the future. You don’t necessarily need deep knowledge of the venture capital industry, but you should be excited about the field and eager to learn the business quickly. Most importantly, you are a fast learner and laser focused on execution with the drive to get things done. You’re deeply organized, detail oriented and reliable above all else.
- You’re curious and intuitive — a creative and unconventional thinker, yet also highly analytical and logical.
- You’re a fantastic (and prolific) writer and pride yourself on thoughtful, eloquent communication. You know the right questions to ask, as well as when to listen and learn.
We hope to meet with candidates with at least 5-8 years of working experience. Please note, this is not an investing role, rather it’s a role to support how we invest and operate.
At First Round, we value resourcefulness, diversity, excellence and hustle. To give you a sense of what our team is all about, check out our values that guide our work:
- We serve entrepreneurs. We owe them our unvarnished opinion and unwavering support.
We honor quality. The little things matter. High standards and attention to the craft are valued here.
- We favor action and think long-term. We decide and execute with urgency today. We define success with the long-term in mind.
- We cherish diversity and inclusion. The strongest communities around the world are diverse and inclusive. We work hard to make sure ours is, too.
- We do things our own way. We choose to be original and find unique, creative solutions to our biggest problems.
- We have fun. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.