Sr. Front-End Developer
Website Deloitte Digital
We create brand momentum
Deloitte Digital, part of Deloitte’s Advertising, Marketing & Commerce offering, is a full-service interactive marketing and advertising agency. We are a collection of artists, analysts, strategists, engineers, writers, makers, business-builders, designers, doers, and dreamers united by our belief in the power of creativity to Elevate the Human Experience. With offices in Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Seattle, we work alongside broader Deloitte to solve our clients’ toughest challenges and redefine how business gets done.
Do you have superb technical skills and a knack for translating highly technical concepts to clients and cross-discipline team members? Are you a creative problem solver and strategic thinker with a passion for delivering pixel perfect product? If so, we’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join our highly collaborative team focused on developing cutting-edge, cross-platform web applications.
Work you’ll do
• Develop cutting-edge web applications that perform superbly across all platforms.
• Work in a highly collaborative environment with cross-functional teams on projects ranging from a few weeks to a few months in length.
• Clearly and concisely communicate highly technical challenges and solutions to client and non-technical team members.
• Maintain high standard of quality as you creatively and strategically problem solve throughout the product delivery process.
• Be able to effectively communicate your work with both technical and non-technical peers
• Be excited about new web technologies/techniques
• Build solid back-end architectures that integrate easily with other systems and technologies
• Understand design patterns and write reusable, modular code
• Working closely with other disciplines (Front-end, UX, Design, QA)
• Have a superior attention to detail and a strong ability to Q/A one’s own work required, including cross-browser and cross-platform displays and performance
Advertising, Marketing & Commerce
Our Advertising, Marketing & Commerce team focuses on delivering marketing and growth objectives aligned with our clients’ brand values for measurable business growth. We do this by creating content, communications, and experiences that engage and inspire their customers to act. We implement and operate the technology platforms that enable personalized content, commerce and marketing user-centric experiences. In doing so, we transform our clients’ marketing and engagement operations into modern, data-driven, creatively focused organizations. Our team brings deep experience in creative and digital marketing capabilities, many from our Digital Studios.
We serve our clients through the following types of work:
• Cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design and development to include the creation of omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, social, physical, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
• eCommerce strategy, implementation and operations
• Marketing Content and digital asset management solutions
• Marketing Technology and Advertising Technology solutions
• Marketing analytics implementation and operations
• Advertising campaign ideation, development and execution
• Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
• Agile based, design-thinking, user-centric, empirical projects that accelerate results
• 4+ years building modern web applications/sites in a professional environment
• Minimum of 4 years in semantic HTML5 and CSS3, and comfortable with preprocessors
• Comfortable with version control, preferably Git
• Proficient in responsive design development methodologies and best practices
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and guidance
• Experience using Docker to package and deploy web applications
• Experience with cloud-based web services and database systems (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
• Familiarity with server-side programming (e.g. Node.js, Python)
• Experience customizing Content Management Systems
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Background in user experience and/or design
• Involvement in open source projects
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte Digital, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
To apply for this job please visit jobs2.deloitte.com.