Experience Design Intern
Bounteous is a group of people who believe in the power of technology to make the world a bigger, better place, and we’re looking for an Experience Design Intern to learn, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our experienced teams. The ideal candidate is creative, curious, and passionate about solving experience design problems. We’re looking for the best and brightest professionals to help brands envision, optimize, and drive engagement — and have a whole lot of fun in the process.
You will work on hands-on projects and learn cool things! This position does not include coffee making, pushing papers, or surfing the Internet. You will have the opportunity to not only see concepts evolve into reality, but you’ll also be a part of making it happen you’ll work alongside fellow experience design team members and contribute to client projects and campaigns. Come get your hands dirty alongside our team!
Please note: this is a paid opportunity! Internships at Bounteous are typically ~40 hours/week for ~10-12 weeks, but we can be flexible, depending on your schedule/other commitments.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work across a wide range of interactive projects
- Producing some of the following, depending on your skillset: competitive and expert evaluations of what exists today and researching best practice examples to inspire your team or clients; information architecture and wireframes for how an experience should work; professional concepts and layouts with effective integration of copy, photography and illustrations; auditing existing content, making recommendations for how to evolve it, and writing for emotion, understanding, and action
- Assist design team to help manage and complete projects within tight deadlines
- Partner with other design team members as appropriate
- Communicating the rationale behind your design to your team
- Manage time appropriately to meet established deadlines
- Learn more about your colleagues and their skillsets through having a donut buddy date
- Are pursuing or recently completed your bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Media, Visual Communications, Interaction Design, or equivalent
- Have a creative portfolio of interaction design, visual design, or other design work that you are pumped to share
- Possess strong communication and collaboration skills
- Like working closely with a design team to learn more about how an interactive design agency operates
- Have familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and InVision
- Other skillsets that are a huge plus (but not required) include: Digital photography, Video editing, Illustration, and Copywriting
Perks & Benefits
- Real Client Work Exposure to real-world, top-shelf clients with real-world problems, and being a part of a team that discovers real-world solutions
- Work Tailored to Your Interests When possible, we will work to align our objectives for this internship with your relevant interests
- Coaching and Mentoring We will pair you with a career coach and a mentor for feedback and your professional development to help set you on the right career path
- Letter of Recommendation When applicable, we will draft a letter of recommendation outlining your achievements in experience design
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.