Bandcamp is hiring a People Specialist to help ensure that Bandcamp continues to be a place where we enjoy our work, our colleagues, and the ability to contribute to our mission to help artists succeed. This role is for someone with a deep dedication to learning about and implementing the best ways to develop a productive, fun and equitable work environment. You’ll be the second person in our People team, and will help shape what we do, while you work with over 75 people in six countries.
Bandcamp is a global music community where fans discover great music and directly support the artists who make it. We believe that music is an indispensable part of culture, and for that culture to thrive, artists—no matter their identity, community, or genre—must be compensated fairly and transparently for their work.
- Assist teams with hiring, including responding in a timely manner to applicants, tracking applicants, and posting jobs with a focus on underrepresented communities in tech
- Plan orientations for new staff and be a warm, knowledgeable point person during their first several months
- Assist with hiring outreach at universities and conferences
- Develop, with the Director of People, ways for staff to connect with and learn from one another
- Work with teams to enhance diversity and inclusion across Bandcamp
- Complete detail-oriented administrative tasks that can get repetitive, but you’re OK with that
- Experience working with teams and helping them find solutions that put people first
- Excellent, bordering on obsessive, organizational skills
- Experience and comfort working with a variety of people with a range of communication styles and priorities
- Interest in personal and professional development, and motivation to research and keep learning in these areas
- Can fix, will-research-the-options approach
- No HR/People experience? That’s OK – if you’ve worked with teams of people in another context we’re interested in talking with you.
Interested? Great! Please fill out this application and we’ll get back to you soon. We’re posting this role first with communities that prioritize diversity so you won’t see it yet on Bandcamp’s jobs page.
How we work
Our team of 75+ people is sprinkled throughout the world, crossing multiple time zones and sharing a desire to help artists connect with their fans and earn a living from their craft. Many of us are musicians, all of us are fans, and we see how our work helps artists every day. We value the diversity of backgrounds and experiences that a distributed culture provides, and the flexibility and independence each of us has to set up our own work environments and schedules. We welcome/ celebrate all manner of variance in ethnicity, race, culture, gender, and sexuality, and hope you’ll consider joining us!
What we offer
- Work from anywhere so long as the wifi is strong and you overlap with the Pacific Time workday by 4 hours.
- Work from home / co-working budget.
- Flexible time off policy.
- Family leave. We have common sense leave, so take what you need. If you’ve been at
- Bandcamp for a year, your leave is fully paid.
- Matched charitable donations.
- Health, vision, dental, 401k and travel insurance, but these are country-specific, so let’s talk.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.