Experienced Mobile Application Engineer
Bandcamp is seeking a talented software engineer to help us maintain and build features for our artist and fan apps. You’ll have significant opportunities to have a meaningful impact on the lives of artists and fans worldwide each and every day.
Bandcamp is a global music community where fans discover great music and directly support the artists who make it. We believe that music is an indispensable part of culture, and for that culture to thrive, artists must be compensated fairly and transparently for their work.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, product and support experts to build features artists and fans love
- Design and build elegant, highly performant code that makes you proud
- Work in both iOS and Android
- Balance your attention to detail with the desire to release improvements and new features
- Offer opinions on technical decisions and directions, while being open to the opinions of others
- Have the opportunity to mentor less experienced engineers (and maybe those who are more experienced!), on your areas of expertise
- Deep knowledge of either iOS or Android, and experience with both
- A desire to work collaboratively on cross-disciplinary teams
- Mobile app development experience within the past two years
Interested? Great! You’ll find the application link on this page.
For a bit more about us, read on:
Our team of 70+ people is sprinkled throughout the world, crossing multiple time zones and sharing a desire to help artists connect with their fans and earn a living from their craft. Many of us are musicians, all of us are fans, and we see how our work helps artists every day. Whether that’s by knowing that artists have earned over half a billion dollars on Bandcamp or by reading the blush-worthy missives artists and fans send us.
We welcome and celebrate all manner of variance in ethnicity, race, culture, gender, and sexual orientation, among artists and our staff. And we take a stand on issues that matter to us and our communities. Each year we donate to EarthJustice to support their work on climate change and to NAACP LDF, a national organization that enacts racial justice and change through litigation, advocacy, and public education. In the neighborhood of our store and performance space in Oakland we support and partner with organizations that fight for racial justice and create opportunities for people of color. And we support the social change and social good organizations our staff support, matching their donations up to $500 each year.
To apply for this job please visit bandcamp.com.