Bandcamp is looking for a clever, convivial individual to join our interdisciplinary, dedicated, unusually well-loved support team.
You are a superb and compassionate communicator, obsessively detail oriented, and possess a strong desire to get to the bottom of how things work (or why they don’t). You are willing to spend the majority of your day crafting helpful messages because you, like us, believe that customer support is not a necessary evil, but rather a critical business function as powerful as any product feature. Indeed, you’re not looking for a traditional customer support role, you’re looking to learn, grow, and contribute in meaningful ways to a company whose mission you believe in.
Bandcamp is a global music community where fans discover great music and directly support the artists who make it. Artists have earned over a half-billion dollars on Bandcamp.
- Use your expert knowledge of the site to field email inquiries from an amazing (but not always 100% sober) customer base of artists, labels, and fans.
- Follow, review, and test new project developments to stay several steps ahead of potential support issues.
- Perform analyses on common problems to identify, report, and correct usability snags (and other surprises).
- Hone our help docs and internal processes with the objective of putting yourself out of a job reducing the support team’s load.
- Your writing is clear, concise, empathetic and 99.9999% of the time typo-free. Your grammar is impeccable. Full stop.
- You are able to retain an enormous, ever-changing set of specific details, and live for the little blast of dopamine that comes from connecting the pieces.
- You live anywhere, but your workday overlaps with 9am-5pm PST for at least four hours.
- Extra credit: you are already a Bandcamp user (applicants with both Fan and Artist accounts are entitled to bonus points).
To apply, please visit our application form: https://airtable.com/shrHsHnPrAVssKei8
How we work
Our team of 70+ people is sprinkled throughout the world, crossing multiple time zones and sharing a desire to help artists connect with their fans and earn a living from their craft. Many of us are musicians, all of us are fans, and we see how our work helps artists every day.
We welcome and celebrate all manner of variance in ethnicity, race, culture, gender, and sexual orientation, among artists and our staff. And we take a stand on issues that matter to us and our communities. Each year we donate to EarthJustice to support their work on climate change and to NAACP LDF, to support their fight for racial justice. And we match the donations of everyone who works at Bandcamp, up to $500 each, supporting social change and social good organizations.
What we offer
- Work from anywhere so long as the wifi is strong and you overlap with Pacific time by 4 hours.
- Work from home / co-working budget
- Flexible time off policy.
- Family leave. We have common sense leave, so take what you need. If you’ve been at Bandcamp for a year, your leave is fully paid.
- Matched charitable donations.
- Health, vision, dental, 401k and travel insurance, but these are country-specific, so let’s talk.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.